Chai tea is a traditional Indian tea made with milk, water and a blend of black tea, ginger and other spices which may include cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, black pepper,cloves, star anise, coriander seeds and peppercorns. It can be consumed hot or cold and may provide a variety of health benefits. Here is a recipe you may enjoy.
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 4 tea bags
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- In a large bowl crush cloves and peppercorns.
- Crush your spices until their aromas are released.
- Add tea bags, sugar, ginger, cinnamon stick to boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk.
- Strain tea, toss spices and tea bags.
- Stir in hot milk.
- Pour into cups.