Here is what you will need
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup water
- Half a lemon (adjust to your taste)
- 2 teaspoons of honey (adjust to your taste)
- Heat water to a boil
- Remove water from heat
- Drop sage leaves into water.
- Allow to steep for three to five minutes.
- Strain the leaves before pouring into your tea cup
- Sip and enjoy
Health Benefits of Sage Tea
- Helps to detox the body
- Menopausal Symptoms -Hot flashes
- Free radicals
- Helps To lower cholesterol
Cautions Sage is a herb that interacts with hormones in the body, this is why you should avoid sage tea if you are pregnant or nursing or if you have allergies to sage or other plants like such as peppermint and oregano. If you have any type of hormone-sensitive conditions do not use sage without talking to your doctor. Over use of sage can cause nausea so use with caution.