- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender in batches to puree until smooth.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.